Sunday 8 January 2012

Rule 350: Perhaps carrots aren't evil after all

For the past ... 27 years I have religiously avoided the eating of cooked carrots. This aversion was caused, as I have always asserted, by my Aunt, who poisoned me at the age of 11, with her oven roasted buttered carrots. It was most certainly they, not the sticky red Dracula lollipop that made me vomit all over the bathroom floor. And so, ever since then I have avoid carrots, and so avoided vomiting. This has mostly been successful. I avoid morning sickness, tummy bugs and can travel anywhere, on anything without even a hint of queasiness. But this week, in an attempt to encourage the smallest child to eat mushrooms, I traded and said I would eat the dreaded carrots if she faced her mushroom fear. And I did it, I ate hem, and I am still fit, well and unvomitting ... And the mushrooms ... I chopped them so finely she didn't even nice them !

No comments:

Post a Comment