Monday 9 January 2012

Rule 187 : Don't judge yourself against someone else's projected ideal

I just to have a friend who I really admired and wanted to be like. Her family seemed to work beautifully, and she seemed to have life sussed. I used to look at her and wonder how she managed to live such a perfect life, and why I couldn't do what she appeared to do so effortlessly. But I have come to realise my error ... She only 'appeared' to be like this. The more time I spent around her and her family I realised that things weren't quite as they appeared. Actions didnt match words, and things weren't quite as they were portrayed to be. And that was when I realised that I was trying t live up to a fantasy, that I believed this family lived as I perceived them, and that even they didn't live up to the ideal in my head let alone me. So now I need to relax, stop being so hard on myself and accept that my life and family aren't so bad, they just aren't a fantasy family either ...

No comments:

Post a Comment