Thursday 12 January 2012

Rule 188 : Can is so much better than Can't

Last week I joined Slimming World in an attempt to finally lose the baby weight (who am I kidding). I went along to club night, paid my subscription, bought some cereal bars, got weighed (less than I thought:o) and came home with a book full of lists .... lists of things I should eat, lists of things I can eat and lists of things I have to eat. Now I know the secret of losing weight is not eating cake, but honestly, if it were that easy then I would be thin already. And I also know that none of these lovely lists have cake on them ... I'm not stupid enough to think that this diet club has some secret scheme for weight loss. However, I do think that psychologically the list thing works, because it's all about positives. All week I have eaten yummy food, in vast quantities. We have tried new recipes, some very odd (curried mushy peas anyone), but never once have I even thought about cake. And perhaps that might just be why it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment